Sunday 5 September 2010

Canillo - Rest and Relaxation.

http://www.justgiving.com/gesarmor4peakspyrenees
http://www.justgiving.com/gesarmor4peakspyrenees
http://www.justgiving.com/gesarmor4peakspyrenees
So, I'd had a beautiful lunch, found a camp-site, now trim another kilo off my pack: My tin mug, that could go, I could always drink out of my aluminium cooking pot and anyway drinking tea is a social affair and there was only me and myself in our team.  My thermal vest, and knife and whistle (don't worry I had a smaller whistle in my lid pocket). I had a litre of cooking alcohol, I bought a lightweight drinking flask and decanted some in that then gave the remains to the camp-site receptionist. A pack of wipes went as did the gizmo to transfer photos onto a computer. A lighter and flint thingy went, (my matches were in a dry-sac).  I nipped into the correo to post it home, again it was about its value in stamps to send, I flirted with the girl behind the counter and treated myself to a swim and iced-tea in the leisure  centre which was the size of the Millennium Dome but without the 'look at me I'm not sure what I am' tag.  This one held an Olympic sized swimming pool an ice rink, tennis courts, squash courts, crochet dens and much more.
I didn't know what tomorrow had in store but I'm so glad I continued the little indulgences to include a three course meal and a cheap hat.
The meal: salad, steak and chips, and a chocolate torte with ice-cream.  A small carafe of red wine to wash it down with, then inside (see above) for a little rumination, a grande cafe solo and a Soberano (my favourite Spanish brandy). Tomorrow hell was coming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment